Code of conduct
The college is an organization with the purpose of imparting knowledge to the students in a peaceful environment and to enrich their personality by inculcating in them a sense of responsibility, reason, tolerance, and discipline. Discipline and organized life in the college is important; it is therefore essential that rules and regulations should be laid down to ensure an orderly and decent atmosphere of the college. With this objective in mind, the following regulations have been established.
No student should be eligible for a university examination without having attended 75% of the lectures, demonstrations, tutorials and practical or clinical work both in-patients and out-patients.
Acts of Indiscipline
Among others, the following shall constitute acts of indiscipline recognizable under these regulations against which action can be taken by the disciplinary committee.
- Coming late.
- Absence from class test.
- Violation of morals, such as the use of indecent language, undesirable remarks and gestures, disorderly behavior for example abusing quarrelling, fighting and insolence towards fellow students, faculty and staff.
- Indulgence in acts which may cause insult or physical injury to the students, teachers, officers, staff of the college.
- Defiance of college authority and its rules.
- Violation of hostel rules spreading of inappropriate instigator remarks regarding religious or regional linguistic ethics in writing or verbally.
- Impersonation or giving false information or willful separation of information or cheating or deceiving.
- Absence from class without application/permission.
- Use of mobile phone in academic block is strictly forbidden.
Procedure for processing Acts of Indiscipline
Punishment or Penalty for Acts of Indiscipline
Punishment or penalty for acts of indiscipline shall be according to the gravity of the offences and may be any one or more of the following:
An appeal against the decision of the Disciplinary Committee can be filed within 15 days to the Principal of the college.
If the Principal feels that any of the appeal requires consideration, he will refer it to the Academic Council for consideration/decision.>
The decision of the Academic Council shall be final.
- Inciting violence, use of force, destruction of college property.
- Making speeches, shouting slogans or circulation of printed or cyclostyled or photocopied material/E-mail derogatory to Islam, Pakistan, the prestige of the college or maligns the reputation of its faculty or staff.
- Sale and distribution of intoxicants at the campus directly or indirectly.
- Indulgence in political/ethnic/racial activity or use of students for furthering the cause of political parties.
- Use of unfair means in examinations
- Abstracting the function of the college or causing disruption of teaching/research/other activities.
- Smoking in college premises.
- Photography/video making in college premises without seeking permission.
- Each case of indiscipline shall be reported to the Principal of the college through the Head of the Department or the warden of the hostels. In case any event takes place outside the college premises and has legal effect, it will be dealt with by the District administration.
- On receipt of complaint the Principal or his deputed representative shall issue a show cause notice highlighting the offence to the student involved in the act of indiscipline. Within 48 hours the meeting of the discipline committee will be held after issuing show cause notice. It shall be ensured that the show cause notice has been received by the student against whom a report of indiscipline has been made. The disciplinary committee at the appropriate level shall ensure that the student against whom a complaint of indiscipline has been filed is given adequate chance to present his case.
- A warning in writing.
- A fine of Rs. 100/- for absence from one class/practical/test.
- A fine of Rs. 500/- for remaining absent from college for single day.
- A fine of Rs. 1000/-for not appearing in the test.
- A fine of Rs. 3000-5000/- for other offence(s).
- • Suspension from the class for a period up to one month.
- Fine which may amount up to Rs. 10,000/-
- Suspension or rustication from the hostel/college for 2-3 months.
- Expulsion from the college.
- Non conferment of degree/transcript.