About R & D
To become a research institution, which is a hub for innovative and collaborative research globally.
Department of Research & Development enhances the knowledge building environment at Islamabad Medical & Dental College by advancing academic research and developing its reputation as the most renowned private research institution.
Its aim is to provide leadership, training, resources and infrastructure to enhance research productivity, promote integrated scholarly activity and increase external funding of research projects, enabling the active participation of students and faculty in research endeavors addressing global challenges.
Our core values are knowledge, discovery and innovation for the betterment of the community at large.
We aspire to promote values which are based on the highest professional and academic standards in terms of personal growth and satisfaction offered to our staff and students, and excellence in what we do. We believe in teamwork that is based on respect, trust and integrity, as well as innovation to promote growth and value of our research sponsors.
Our primary goal is to foster a creative environment encouraging academic freedom in order to promote research that meets highest quality and ethical standards and produce outstanding scientific achievements, thus ensuring greater visibility of IM & DC both in Pakistan and abroad.
Our strategic goals and objectives are to add value to the overall research experience, achieve operational excellence, attract and retain top tier, diverse and skilled staff and expand external research funding.
- Research laboratory
- Coordination with the Anatomic & Clinical Pathology Laboratories at Akbar Niazi Teaching Hospital (ANTH).
- ANTH facilities to the students doing research (regarding samples and patients within stringent bioethics protocols).
- Islamabad Dental Hospital (IDH)
Department of Research & Development has designed workshops to facilitate faculty and midcareer clinicians, graduate and undergraduate students to develop their research skills.
a) Monthly Activities
- Research Methodology Courses & Workshops
- Research Ethics Course Work
- End note application and organizing research
- Manuscript writing skills
- Plagiarism software hands on workshop
- Sample size calculation and data analysis, SPSS
b) Yearly Activities
- Annual Research Day
- Annual National and International Health Sciences Conference
- Symposium/ Distinguished Lecture Series
- Hands on Workshops
RESEARCH MONIT0RING AND PROMOTION COMMITTEES
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD (IRB)
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD (IRB DENTAL)
It facilitates and promotes the publication of high-quality research of the faculty, graduate and undergraduate students of Islamabad Medical & Dental College and other national institutions.
Journal of Islamabad Medical & Dental College (JIMDC)
RESEARCH PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Research proposal submission form and detailed guidelines for writing the proposal are available in “R&D” window on IMDC website as:
- Research Proposal Submission form
- Research Proposal Submission Guidelines
Research projects approved by IRB, IMDC are eligible for funding from March 28, 2017 (Reference: IRB/Academic Council Meeting held on March 28, 2017 – “One percent of tuition fee to be allocated for research activities in order to facilitate and promote research culture in IMDC”.
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL COLLABORATIONS
The Research Department’s principal aim in supporting international research collaboration is to maximize the contribution of IMDC to and the benefits from international and national research collaborations/ partnerships.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The Research Department’s principal aim in supporting international research collaboration is to maximize the contribution of IMDC to and the benefits from international and national research collaborations/ partnerships..
- 150 Chairs for Readers
- Self-directed learning/study room: 2
- Separate sitting area for researchers: 8
- Capacity for students’ bags: 50
- Computer: 15
- Library software: KOHA 3.16 (OPAC)
- Photocopy Service
- Daily Library Gate Count (Visitors’ average): 300
- Circulation Services
- Reference Services
- Literature Search
- Digital Library (6000 E-Books)
- Article Supply Service
- Networking among the libraries of IMDC, IDH & Digital libraries
- ILL & DD within country*
- Newspaper clippings on related subjects
- 5 HEC database Access
*(ILL – inter-library loan, DD – document delivery)
- Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF)
- Pakistan Health Research Council (PHRC)
- Pakistan Academy of Sciences (PAS)
- The Asian Foundation
- Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID)